CDL Route Driver
Company: Core Mark
Location: Forrest City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Driver Sign On Bonus - $5,000
- Home Nightly, local routes, weekends off
- Full Benefits package after 45 days of employment
- Advancement opportunities
We are currently seeking to hire CDL Class A delivery drivers to
work out of our Forrest City, AR facility. Routes dispatch between
3am-6am. These are physically demanding positions requiring the
repetitive lifting and loading of cases and the stamina to
repetitively maneuver a loaded hand cart over a variety of surfaces
Core Mark offers local driving opportunities to qualified
applicants and we ensure our drivers are home every night and work
consistent Monday-Friday* schedules. The starting rate of pay is
hourly during the probationary training period but will shift to an
incentivized "trip pay" program after training is completed.
Starting rate is commiserate with experience. Our trip pay program
is one of the best in the industry and is very lucrative for
high-performing drivers, especially those with delivery experience.
Our drivers are supplied with uniforms, gear and boots annually. In
addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD and 401k with company match
program. The company covers the vast majority of the cost of
employee benefits so individual payroll contributions are
- Operate trucks in compliance with DOT regulations and company
- Utilize on-board computers to manage DOT log requirements and
stop to stop navigation.
- Use a hand dolly to unload product including dry, fresh, and
frozen items from the back of the truck into customer locations and
collect delivery containers.
- Collect return items, check for credits and process them
according to company guidelines.
- Maintain positive and friendly customer interactions at all
- Perform proper pre and post-trip inspection and write up any
defects or concerns on vehicle condition report and clean out
vehicles at the end of route.
- Ensure safety, timeliness, and accuracy of all role
- Other duties as assigned
- Class A Commercial Driver's License, DOT physical card and safe
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent
- Ability to read, write and communicate information
- Basic math skills.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all
established procedures and regulations.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed.
- Excellent attendance and reliability is a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload and carry totes and bundles up
to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally utilizing
proper body mechanics
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety
of inclines and surfaces
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather,
- Significant periods of driving time.
- Saturday work may be required a couple times annually to
accommodate the holiday delivery schedule, or severe inclement
Keywords: Core Mark, Memphis , CDL Route Driver, Other , Forrest City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!