Senior Transportation Planner
Location: Olive Branch
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our mission is to Create Delightful Human Environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about
everyday essentials, the team at View has revitalized something
that hasn't changed for centuries - the simple window - and in
doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world, real
View is a technology company creating smart and connected
buildings to improve people's health and wellness, while
simultaneously reducing energy consumption to mitigate the effects
of climate change. View is the market leader in smart windows that
let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical
well-being by reducing headaches, eyestrain, and drowsiness. Every
View installation includes a 'smart building platform' that
consists of power, network, and communication infrastructure. For
more information, please visit view.com
If you have ever dreamed of changing the world to make it a
better place - join us!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in
how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
As a Senior Transportation Planner, you will be responsible for
identifying and facilitating daily, weekly, and quarterly
transportation support requirements. This includes developing load
plans and coordinating shipments/returns in accordance with
customer expectations and shipment schedules. You will oversee all
onload/offload operations while ensuring proper staging and
preparation of cargo. You will also interact with transportation
carriers, brokers, project managers, customers, and packing teams
closely to maintain an inventory of all shippable containers while
ensuring the accuracy and dissemination of shipping related
documents, packaging instructions, and the quality transit of all
shipments to their intended recipients in a safe and efficient
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises a team of material handlers, analysts, and
transportation coordinators to ensure safe and effective
(un)loading and shipping operations.
- Actively pursues continuous improvement in a team environment
while ensuring a positive contribution to providing total customer
- Participates in scanned physical inventories and
coordinates/facilitates packaging requirements, ensuring all
manifest and required shipping documentation is in order.
- Creates, validates, and supervises inspection checklists to
ensure adherence to customer requests with regards to packaging,
staging, loading, shipment, and return shipments.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to ensure cargo is packaged
and shipped in a timely manner and in accordance with any
specialized customer requirements.
- Computes weight, dimensions, and density of all cargo, develops
load plan, ensures adherence to maximum weight restrictions and
proper loading distribution to verify the safe and quality
conscious transportation of glass product to its intended
- Oversees coordination of all transportation requirements,
validating truck/trailer type, mode, and considerations required
- Can efficiently navigate enterprise resource planning tools and
manufacturing enterprise systems in order to analyze data, track
and validate status of ready-to-ship product needed for on time
shipments, and to ensure sound preparatory actions are made.
- Oversees all loading operations indoors and outdoors, ensuring
safety, quality, velocity, and accuracy by managing dock and
- Conducts root cause analysis in order to generate immediate and
long-term solutions to shipping related issues as they pertain to
safety, quality, velocity, and/or efficiency concerns.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews carrier scorecards for all
modes of transportation to include, crate vendors, LTL service
providers, dedicated freight brokers/carriers, and freight
forwarders for domestic and international shipments alike.
- Generate and monitor metrics in order to ensure continual
monitoring of key performance indicators as they relate to on-time
shipments, transportation performance, and cost reduction
- Develop training plans to ensure initial and continuous
learning within the shipping department. Be prepared to develop
standard operating procedures and to identify industry best
practices pertaining to transportation planning and shipping
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ten years of experience logistics operations is required
- Must have computer proficiency, preferably with Oracle/MES
systems and Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize, set priorities, meet deadlines and
- Excellent professional communication and interpersonal
- Must be Safety oriented
- Knowledge of international and domestic shipping requirements &
regulations is preferred
- Self-motivated, team-player with a positive attitude,
exceptional ethics and the ability to work with minimal
- Can manage/supervise groups of material handlers in the
execution of their responsibilities and can generate/organize work
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with variations
in temperatures. Position may require working both inside and
outside in all types of weather.
- Ability to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be flexible with respect to job roles and working
- Ability to physically push, pull and lift heavy loads; ability
to be on feet for 12 hours.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment to include
- Has an acute attention to detail and can scrutinize reports and
shipping paperwork for errors and/or inconsistencies.
- Proficient use and ability to operate enterprise resource
planning (Oracle) and manufacturing enterprise system (MES)
- Works well with a team and can communicate in both, written and
verbal mediums, professionally, clearly, and effectively.
- Experience in creating training programs, continuous process
improvement, and root cause analysis studies
- Demonstrates solid problem-solving skills and is well equipped
to formulate solutions based on Return On Investment (ROI)
- Strong foundational knowledge utilizing spreadsheets (Excel)
and Powerpoint presentations in order to create loading and
shipment schedules from analysis of raw data reports.
- Very strong background in planning operations for loading
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. Master's degree
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party
vendors or agencies.
Keywords: View, Memphis , Senior Transportation Planner, Other , Olive Branch, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!