Company: IRT Living
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our multi-family community in Memphis, TN currently has a
full-time Maintenance Supervisor opening.
We offer the best in class work environment, excellent growth
opportunities, Blue Cross healthcare benefits, paid vacation, paid
sick, paid holidays, 401k with match, and much more.
Independence Realty Trust (IRT - NYSE) is a fully integrated
real estate company, currently managing over 17,000 multi-family
units, in 17 markets. We're anticipating tremendous growth and
opportunity over the next few years. We strive to provide our
residents the best place to live and our employees the best place
to add value and reach new heights. IRT has a strong commitment to
hiring the most talented industry professionals, which has resulted
in record growth, making the company one of the most respected and
trusted within our industry. Our core beliefs as an organization
include Empowerment; Optimism; Trust, Passion and Quality. We
believe that greatness resides in everyone and all that's needed to
unleash it is to feel at home. Are you ready to join our team? To
research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
- Work with Community Manager and Regional Maintenance
Supervisors on community maintenance plans and initiatives
- Assist in supervising, training and assigning maintenance
projects to maintenance staff.
- Assign or perform light repairs to electric, plumbing,
carpentry, pool, HVAC, appliances and other housing related
- Follow company maintenance safety and operational programs,
policies, and perform preventative maintenance.
- Help create and adhere to maintenance budgets through cost and
time saving suggestions and inventory control.
- Communicate with the community staff and management regarding
potential delays, part shortages or any other issues specific to
performing timely and accurate maintenance.
- Assign or perform property and common area inspections and
report any damage or maintenance work that may need to be
- Assign or perform any maintenance or cosmetic related tasks to
get an apartment in "make ready" condition.
- Assist the Community Manager in coordinating all contract work
and inspect it prior to approving payment.
- Complete Monthly Preventative Maintenance surveys, as well as
other annual or periodic inspections as required
- Comply with and assure maintenance staff adherence to company
safety policies and rules and OSHA safety standards.
- Participate in company training classes, meetings, and other
events intended to introduce staff to new ideas and improve overall
performance. Coordinate and conduct staff safety meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college level courses
- General understanding of light repair on electric, plumbing,
carpentry and HVAC.
- A/C Certification I & II required. CPO Certificate preferred or
ability to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
- Maintain complete working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs., and occasionally lift
and carry up to 80 lbs. Ability push and pull appliance dolly up to
200 lbs., move objects from one floor to another
- Ability to bend/stoop, climb stairs, kneels, balance, reach
above shoulder height, walk and twist, have a reliable vision,
hearing and speech with or without corrective devices such as
glasses, hearing aid, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance and be courteous & helpful
to residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc. and
be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Position may require the ability to work any of the seven days
of the week, 52 weeks of the year and may also require working
on-call hours, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Must have valid Driver's License.
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial,
marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally
Keywords: IRT Living, Memphis , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!