Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can
contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally,
and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative
and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries.
Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and over
1,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that
provide an array of services for producers and logistics services
for an international base of customers. The combination of our
assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50
years of strength and stability!
Are you a seasoned grain merchant who has experience with option
contracts and are looking to join a stable and innovative
organization? If so, this could be the job for YOU!
This job is primarily responsible for supporting all day to day
needs of customer service and regional and facility origination.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing,
maintaining and growing customer relationships, developing a base
knowledge of the customer's business, identifying potential
customers, mentoring and assisting in the training of staff;
managing and maintaining customer contracts and agreements; and
leading day to day facility operations, logistics fob trucking,
communications, and customer accounting services.
In this job, you will:
- Originate grain purchases from growers; work with origination
staff to maximize commercial and producer origination thru team
communication and execution.
- Conduct annual farm/business visits for all major
- Add new business accounts to manage/service.
- Document new accounts and track success.
- Work with manager and others to analyze three year handle
information on all producer/commercial accounts assigned to
evaluate customer market share and growth/retention.
- Identify accounts that are underperforming and develop a
marketing strategy to correct.
- Execute and manage contract including signing and execution of
terms, conditions and delivery.
- Review facility and region profit and loss statements; discuss
findings and ideas/issues with Facility Manager and Commercial
- Attend and participate in all producer meetings organized by
the organization within assigned facility draw territory.
- Input customer information into the CRM product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required - Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and
Preferred - 5 - 8+ years' related grain merchandising working
Preferred - Option strategy/structured contract experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of grain merchandising, option strategies,
facility cost structures, mix and blend analysis, carry, interest,
freight, FOB and CIF marketing/sales, as well as a basic knowledge
of facility operations.
- Advanced knowledge of farmer marketing and company marketing
tools and underlying functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of how company generates revenue and creates
- Diverse knowledge of company's overall business, how the
industry makes money, futures, options on futures, managing
contracts to maximize facility revenue, operational efficiencies
and customer service.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and
outside the organization.
- Strong decision making, negotiation, and conflict management
- Contract and customer management skills; including ability to
relay accurate information concerning contract balances and
- Self starter with strong time management and prioritization
skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing
- Ability to take direction and willingness to assist where
needed and take on new tasks.
- Ability to read/analyze domestic and global industry
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team
- Ability to travel in assigned area(s) as needed.
Here's additional information you need to know:
- This is a full-time position based out of our W. Memphis, AR
- Travel, up to 20% travel to assigned producers in assigned
area(s) covering areas from Hickman, KY to Memphis, TN.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at
CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB
Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an
outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions,
medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability
benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays,
vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community
involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is
the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts
with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and
with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from
third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any
contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third
party will cancel any future business relationships between the
third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.