Data Engineer I
Company: RELX Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This entry-level position performs basic data
engineering assignments within a specific engineering functional
area or product line.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but
not required); or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years' experience in data management area with a technical
- File management skills.
- Ability to assist with process improvement and compliance.
- Knowledge of data manipulation languages.
- Understanding of root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of applicable development languages including but not
limited to: SQL, Windows, Unix, HPCC.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and
- Problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Work on data transfers in various capacities including
collection setup, data transfer setup, contributor/customer setup,
- Basic database management ensuring structure and dataflow
adheres to department standards.
- Perform daily data loads ensuring recurring updates are logged
- Utilize various data workflow management and analysis
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the
development of system components of simple complexity.
- Complete simple data engineering bug fixes.
- Escalate issues and decisions to senior Data Engineering team
- Assist with process improvement and compliance to successfully
and consistently deliver high-quality data services on a timely
- Under the guidance of senior-level engineers, successfully
implement processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall,
etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve basic technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity
employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated
during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status,
protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or
disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access
our online system, that individual should please contact
email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also
contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Keywords: RELX Group, Memphis , Data Engineer I, Other , Manila, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!