Fuel Yard Technician I
Company: NRG Energy, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built
on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation
portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500
company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations,
reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform
serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with
electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable
solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter
energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail
electricity providers serve almost three million residential and
commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG
Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
- Plum Point Energy Station is a 670 net MW coal-fired power
plant located approximately 50 miles north of Memphis near Osceola,
Arkansas. The Fuel Yard Technician is responsible for safely
operating and maintaining plant support equipment and for
monitoring coal handling equipment and making adjustments and
repairs as needed.
- Operate and maintain all plant mobile equipment, including but
not limited to bull dozer, scraper front-end loader, locomotive,
tractor, forklift, mobile crane and Fuel Yard Technician
- Operate and maintain the coal handling, lime unloading and ash
disposal processes and ensure permit compliance.
- Operate and monitor plant wastewater system, chemical injection
and discharge systems to ensure permit compliance with town and
- Unload coal trains using the locomotive and coal unloading
- Operate the bulldozer and scraper on various grades to
effectively manage an active coal pile.
- Coordinate on site rail operations and unloading with plant
management and the railroad.
- Perform all building and grounds maintenance and maintain
housekeeping standards in all assigned areas of
- Complete Fuels training within one year.
- Works in cooperation with the operations department on matters
pertaining to the daily operation of the plant.
- Assist other plant personnel as required to support plant
- Normal power plant environment including working around
rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting,
climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to
access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
- Position requires 12 hour day and night shifts (rotating shift
work) with weekend and holiday work and overtime hours.
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (gloves,
respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear
protection, chemical suits, etc.).
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent knowledge of English,
mathematics and grammar.
- Two years' experience with operating industrial or excavating
equipment (i.e., forklifts, overhead cranes, front end loader and
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully receive a "recommended" rating on the NRG
Pre-Employment Skills Assessment Test.
- Must be safety and environmentally conscientious.
- Must possess good oral and written communications skills.
- Team skills are a must.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operate from established and well-known procedures under
- Perform duties independently with only general direction
- Make decisions within prescribed operating and casualty
procedures and guidelines.
- Execute on recurring work situations of high complexity, with
occasional variations from the norm.
- Perform work in a safe manner resulting in no accidents, and in
compliance with all environmental permits at all times.
- Effectively communicate information to supervision and fellow
plant employees relative to the condition of the plant equipment
- Provide suggestions for plant improvements.
- Perform duties in such a way to result in an optimum
- Has the responsibility to both the customer and co-workers to
do the job right the first time and to ensure the customer's needs
are being met.
- Work on feet for 12 hour periods.
- Routine lifting of 50 pounds.
- Ability to discern and respond to verbal and auditory
- Ability to discern assorted colors.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To
the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective
bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug
testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and
alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the
applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
Keywords: NRG Energy, Inc., Memphis , Fuel Yard Technician I, Other , Osceola, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!