Equipment Operator- 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
The Clinical Trials Division (CTD) within the Pharma Services
Group (PSG) partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers
around the world to ensure the right patients get the right
therapies in the right doses at the right time - a concept that we
internally embrace as "There is a Patient Waiting." Our unique
blend of services includes project management, packaging,
distribution, transportation management and specialty logistics,
ancillary supply management, clinical supply optimization,
bio-repository storage and much more. Our more than 3000 employees
in over 15 countries work hard every day knowing that what they do
As a Material Handler II - Equipment Operator each day you will
have the opportunity to achieve job satisfaction by making an
impact in our patients and clients lives as you ensure a high
degree of accuracy and speed while performing an array of duties,
while operating a Reach Truck, Dock Stocker and/or Order Picker,
such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials,
picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders,
or managing, organizing and retrieving stock and other supplies.
These duties will be performed according to established safety,
security, and quality guidelines in our climate controlled GMP
ambient 15o C to 30o C facility.
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process
items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established
procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level
of quality to ensure customers receive correct and damage free
product in the timeframe requested.
- Ensure accuracy of orders and processes matching systems and/or
paperwork to maintain high levels of inventory accuracy and client
- Assembles client orders from stock and places orders on pallets
or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping
department, in a FEFO/FIFO manner or as specified by the
- Follow quality protocols, complying with Warehouse and Good
Distribution policies and Standard Operation Procedures, by
mitigating picking, packing, and shipping errors, without damaging
cartons or product, and ensuring client orders are in the best
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile product.
- Conduct work in a safe and effective manner and take
appropriate action to correct unsafe acts, systems, and
- Record amounts of materials or items received or
- Count items for distribution within warehouse to ensure
conformance to company standards.
- Arrange product for orders in specified sequence for assembly
by other workers.
- Comply with relevant laws, company guidelines and requirements
through adherence to company policies relating to quality, safety,
attendance, and housekeeping.
- Sorts, stores, picks, and packs cold chain products, as
- Equipment Certification & ability to obtain Reach Truck, Dock
Stocker and/or Order Picker (Cherry Picker)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good Verbal and Written Communication
- "Can do" Attitude.
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Problem solver
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime as required by the
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Memphis , Equipment Operator- 1st Shift, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!