Foam Pouring Engineer
Company: FXI Foamex Innovations
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading provider of
comfort solutions to the Bedding, Furniture and Transportation
markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions
that delight our customers and consumers. We are an industry leader
in the rapidly growing Mattress in a Box segment of the bedding
market. We have created a "molecules to doorstep" business model
that leverages our leading innovation, scale, and footprint to
deliver our own brands as well as other leading brands to the
market and to consumers doorsteps. With our corporate headquarters,
high-tech research and development facility, and multiple
manufacturing locations in North America, FXI has built a culture
of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers,
suppliers and peers. We provide one of the broadest sets of comfort
solutions to the broadest set of industry players, through the
broadest manufacturing platform in the industry. You will find
FXI's comfort technologies inside countless applications you
encounter every day. Everywhere comfort is needed, FXI's
innovations lead the way! We are always looking for best-in-class
talent to join our innovative, fun, and value-driven culture. What
are you waiting for?
In this career growth oriented role the incumbent will work with
the as a member of the foam pouring management team at at the
plant. The incumbent will learn all aspects of the pouring process
to ensure that safety, production, and quality standards are met,
and to provide analytical support for process improvements. Ability
to understand and resolve mechanical as well as chemical causes of
foam production issues by use of effective root cause analysis is a
must in this position. You will learn to be responsible for
supervision and motivation of an hourly crew of 5-8 people to
accomplish the daily production requirements. The incumbent should
be willing to relocate in the future to another plant as part of
their career progression with the next possible career steps being
Pour Line Manager and eventually Technical Manager.
To work with the foam pouring team to ensure that safety,
production, and quality standards are met, and to provide
analytical support for process improvements. The person in this
developmental role is capable of becoming a Pourline Manager with
experience and training and must be willing to relocate to a new
pouring plant location for growth and/or a promotional
- Insure that safety is the number one priority in all Pourline
department activities and that all safety procedures are followed
by all members of the Pourline team. Oversee EH&S activities
for the pouring department.
- Monitor daily foam production and supervise the pour line
hourly workforce as part of the training process. Adjust formulas
as needed to maintain product within specifications. In this role,
the incumbent must be fully capable of managing the line in the
absence of the Technical or Pour Line Manager.
- Participate, along with the Technical Manager or Pourline
Manager, in all pour line HR related activities such as appraisals
and disciplinary activities
- As part of the pour line team, conduct trials to develop new
and improved manufacturing processes and foam formulations
- Provide analytical expertise for process improvements and
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and solve process issues.
- Direct/facilitate continuous improvement teams and
- Oversee inventory control and ordering of chemicals/raw
- Be fully capable of handling all pour line functions in
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Task oriented individual able to perform in a fast-paced
- SPC/SQC and RCA (Root Cause Analysis).
- Successful candidate will be expected to complete a 40 hour
HAZWOPER training to understand proper procedures for safe handling
of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Must possess planning/organization, analytical and strong
problem solving skills.
- Basic mechanical and electrical aptitude to facilitate
troubleshooting foam making problems. Previous foam production
experience is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Minitab proficiency is a plus.
- Experience using SAP or similar ERP system is a definite
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to lead/facilitate diverse work
- Ability to positively interact with others in the plant in a
Benefits SummaryWe offer a competitive salary and an excellent
benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance,
basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability
protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance,
and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: FXI Foamex Innovations, Memphis , Foam Pouring Engineer, Other , Coldwater, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!