1st Shift, Wednesday - Saturday, 6:00am - 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. We're
always on the lookout for leaders who will provide inspiration and
education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures
are understood and followed. As the Operations Manager, you will
oversee the daily operations of a warehouse supporting national
returns processing and outbound order preparation for a
multichannel distribution center. We'll count on your skills and
years of experience to be a champion of company values, ensuring an
engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a
bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise warehouse associates, including motivating, coaching,
training and disciplining staff
- Manage equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs
- Oversee inventory control processes and drive quality
operations through application of Lean methodologies
- Create and monitor KPIs against targets; lead organization to
meet or exceed KPIs
- Ensure put-away and picking activities in the distribution
center are meeting operational needs
- Lead the operations team, supporting value-added service and
outbound packing to meet/exceed lead time requirements
- Initiate and lead projects focusing on the improvement of
cost/expense, safety, quality, delivery and morale
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computerized scanner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including
planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by monitoring and
enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Manager,
Business Process, Operations, Management
Apply now "