WC Indemnity Claims Specialist
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Claims Specialist manages within company best practices
lower-level, non-complex and non-problematic workers' compensation
claims within delegated limited authority to best possible outcome,
under the direct supervision of a senior claims professional,
supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel. This is a
work from home position.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk
management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health
and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987
and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since
1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology
enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions
to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong,
supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core
values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time
regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental,
Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible
Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance,
Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and
Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim.
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving
- Manages non-complex and non-problematic medical only claims and
minor lost-time workers' compensation claims under close
- Communicates claim status with the customer, claimant and
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in
claims review as needed.
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or
problematic claims as necessary.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working
hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding
of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience and claims management
- Knowledge in handling KY, NC, SC and VA claims a plus along
with appropriate WC adjuster licenses.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace,
and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Keywords: CorVel, Memphis , WC Indemnity Claims Specialist, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!