Company: Arkansas Food Bank
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Arkansas Foodbank is the states largest non-governmental
provider of emergency food aid. We assist people in 33 counties
across central and southern Arkansas. The Arkansas Foodbank
operates as a distribution hub for over 450 partner agencies in 33
counties in central and south Arkansas. These agencies include food
pantries, soup kitchens, youth programs, senior centers, schools
and emergency shelters. Foodbank member agencies service
approximately 62,119 meals a daytouching the lives of 280,000
individuals every year.
We are currently seeking a Driver-Delta Branch who works under
general supervision and is responsible for safe operation of
company owned and leased trucks and equipment for the delivery and
pickup of food while following Arkansas Foodbank guidelines; and
will perform warehouse duties including: sorting, receiving,
pulling orders, and operating forklifts. This is a safety sensitive
The Driver-Delta Branch will report to the Delta Branch Manager
and have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Safe Operation of Arkansas Foodbank Vehicles/Driving
- Operate vehicle in accordance with OSHA (Occupational and
Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation)
requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Make sound and immediate decisions at any given time based on
traffic and road conditions.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently picking up food
and delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity and in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Inform management of identified or suspected mechanical
- Complete pre and post trip inspections during scheduled
- Warehouse Operations
- Assist in unloading food product off the Foodbank trucks.
- Receive all product (delivered and picked up).
- Transfer product to cooler, freezer, and warehouse from dock
- Select product safely with a high degree of accuracy.
- Restock merchandise in the order selection area
- Inspect all incoming loads for evidence of spoilage, odors,
damaged containers, insects, rodents, excessive heat damage,
freezer damage, water damage, mold or product leakage and report
same to Supervisor.
Safely operate industrial lift trucks and other motorized and
non-motorized equipment to unload trailers, transport, select,
stock, and load heavy/large merchandise.
Maintain CDL License with current DOT physical card and maintain
a safe driving record.
Assist agencies with loading of their pallets.
Accurately complete proper receiving and shipping forms.
- Must be able to attain and maintain ServSafe
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent
One year commercial driving experience.
One year Warehouse experience, including forklift
Must be certified to operate power industrial equipment (fork
lift, pallet jack, etc.) or be able to pass power industrial
certification. The power industrial certification will be
administered by the Arkansas Foodbank.
Must possess a valid commercial drivers license, Class B
required, Class A preferred
- Must have a clean driving record
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
Must possess knowledge of road use, laws and regulations.
Ability to safely operate and maintain Foodbank truck.
Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written format.
Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
Ability to lift approximately 65 pounds repeatedly.
Ability to work in severe weather conditions both heat and
- Current, valid Arkansas drivers license and proof of
Keywords: Arkansas Food Bank, Memphis , Driver-Delta Branch, Other , Lexa, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!