Project Manager, Pulp & Paper (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are actively seeking a Project Manager
who is a highly motivated leader to join our Pulp & Paper
team. The successful candidate must have extensive experience
in operations management involving oversight or execution of
$500,000 - $5 million engineering and/or engineering consulting
projects for the Pulp and Paper Industry with the highest level of
quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety.
- Identify and secure clients and business/project opportunities
both independently and in support of other local, regional and
corporate business development activities.
- Client relationship development and project execution including
proposal development and presentation, management of project
resources, project budgets and forecasting, and schedule management
throughout to project closure.
- Identify and participate in professional and business
organizations and other networking activities that will foster
relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Maintain and grow solid client relationships is a key
responsibility. Successful Design Group Project Managers have
leadership skills and experience with a drive to grow and expand
local and regional clients.
- Prepare successful proposals, negotiating professional service
fees and contracts.
- Conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, or
construction support for projects ranging from small capital or
- Work and communicate across a multi-office, multi-disciplinary
team and will have ultimate responsibility for successful execution
of the project to meet the technical and commercial goals.
- 15+ years of experience in a combination of
production/operations management or executing capital projects for
the paper industry.
- Highly motivated leader with varied experience managing
projects of different sizes and types.
- Requires a strong engineering background and demonstrated
success with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and
focus on safety.
- Awareness of engineering best practices and standards
applicable to the Pulp and Paper industry required.
- Technical background in facility / unit operations and design
is essential to be able to recognize and address technical
deficiencies before they result in risk to the project, client, or
- Strong analytical skills, and a sound understanding of project
management fundamentals – scheduling resources, managing and
- Client development, consulting and experience in the
preparation of proposals for engineering services are highly
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills as well
as a professional demeanor are essential. This position must
communicate effectively with Clients, Vendors, Contractors and
other Design Group employees at all levels of responsibility.
Significant experience in successfully facilitating
cross-functional teams is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Project is highly desirable.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is
preferred but consideration will be given to other degrees based on
actual project experience.
- Additional degrees in Pulp & Paper Science is highly
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Memphis , Project Manager, Pulp & Paper (Design Group), Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!