Senior Correctional Officer, Inmate Relations - Whiteville
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Senior Correctional
Officer, Inmate Relations who has a passion for providing the
highest quality care in an institutional security setting. Who We
Are:CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services, providing
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide,
CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good. What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care! The Senior Correctional
Officer, Inmate Relations is a uniformed, security trained member
of the Unit Management Team responsible for resolving daily inmate
issues before they become significant matters, incidents or
grievances. They ensure that services and programs are delivered to
inmates assigned to the unit at a time and manner as designed.--
- Responsible for an assigned group of inmates with the primary
purpose of resolving daily living issues before they expand into
- Make daily rounds through assigned units talking with staff and
inmates, observing operations and interactions between staff and
inmates on the unit, ensuring the unit is operating in a safe and
secure manner and anticipates situations.--
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with inmates regarding grievance or
potential grievance matters and resolve the situation within the
framework of policy.--
- Develop an interactive working relationship with inmates that
support the informal resolution of inmate issues.Qualifications: --
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.--
- Two years of security experience in a criminal justice field,
which preferably includes one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a
- A valid driver's license is required.--
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.--CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE --- including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Memphis , Senior Correctional Officer, Inmate Relations - Whiteville, Other , Whiteville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!