Company: Millennia Housing Management
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Serenity Towers/Hope Heights is seeking an experienced Service
Coordinator (resident social services) to to effectively assist
residents to improve the quality of their daily lives and aid them
to achieve positive goalsSerenity Towers/Hope Heights are a 396/147
unit community located in Memphis, TN.The Service Coordinator
connects residents of affordable housing communities to the support
services that promote self-sufficiency and improve quality of life.
Our on-site Service Coordinator provides residents with
information, makes referrals to community organizations, and brings
resources on site. Together, we can build safer, more supportive
communities.How You'll Contribute: While maintaining resident
confidentiality and acting with empathy, you will:
- Set up volunteer support programs with service organizations in
- Assist and advise residents and families on available services
that promote wellness and a self-reliant lifestyle.
- Educate residents, families, and staff on available community
resources (for example, case management, personal assistance,
homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional
visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness, and legal
- Assist residents in creating informal support networks among
themselves, with family members and friends.
- Monitor the delivery of services to residents to ensure they
are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
- Create and foster a network of local social services agencies
and facilitate residents' access to programs.
- Raise awareness among local service providers of the
community's needs and promote partnerships that help residents gain
access to needed services.
- Develop a sense of community among residents and their
neighbors using organization and facilitation skills. (May involve
creating social/community-oriented programming, resident
associations, community-based newsletters, welcoming committees,
orientation packages, support groups, etc.
- Maintain resident files and appropriate documentation in a
customized data management system.
- Success Criteria: A heart for service and excellent work
- The successful candidate will have two or more years of
hands-on experience in supportive services or disability
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or degree in Gerontology,
Psychology, or Counseling is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize, direct /guide,
problem-solve and provide results.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to act as a liaison
between residents and management.
- The ability to interact and connect with a wide range of
people, including residents and program providers, to monitor
residents, their needs, and the services they're receiving.
- Develop and manage programs to enhance the quality of life and
increase cognitive stimulation.
- Crisis Management as well as Case Management.
- Completion of HUD required reporting activities when due.
- Networking and community building.
- Coordinate special programs for residents to improve health,
wellness, and general education.
- Create a mechanism to monitor and evaluate services
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.Physical Demands
- N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
- F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66%
of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
- C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of
the time (5.5+ hrs/day)*Physical
Demands**Lift/Carry**Push/Pull*Stand - CGrasp - C10 lbs or less -
C12 lbs or less - CWalk - CReach Outward - C11-20 lbs - C13-25 lbs
- CManually Manipulate - CReach Above Shoulder - C21-50 lbs -
N26-40 lbs - NSit - CSpeak - C51-100 lbs - N41-100 lbs - NClimb -
NCrawl - NOver 100 lbs - NSquat or Kneel - NBend - N*Other Physical
Requirements: *Vision - C*_Work Environment_*Work is performed
indoors and outdoors in a residential setting with regular exposure
to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment.*Background Check
Process*Your resume and application information, including
employment history, educational history, and
credentials/certifications, are subject to
verification.**EOE/Disabled/Veterans StatementWe are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered
solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age,
disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Millennia Housing Management, Memphis , Service Coordinator, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!