Company: Westlake Chemical Corp.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary: Responsible for relieving Molder Operators for breaks &
lunches and covering absences, if needed. Also responsible for
assisting Molder Operators with erecting finished product
cases/cartons and/or applying labels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor and
will receive direction from the Injection Molding Manager or Acting
Supervisor in the absence of or in conjunction with the Production
The primary responsibility of the Relief Operator is to safely and
efficiently perform top-quality operational duties on a daily basis
which include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Checking status of types and quantities of cases/cartons needed
in assigned areas of Injection Molding at the beginning of each
* Checking with Group Leaders to be informed of any lines or
machines that will changeover during the shift.
* Providing full racks of erected cases/cartons to the designated
locations for ease of retrieval by the Molder Operators.
* Relieving Molder Operators for breaks, lunches, and covering
* Knowledge and recognition of plastic fittings by name, shape, and
* Knowledge of daily performance goals and working to achieve 100%
of targeted output.
* Completion of production line paperwork accurately and in real
* Assuring quality of work through the proper labeling and
verification of correctness for all types of molded fittings and
their associated packaging (i.e.: labels, cartons/cases, case
count, and pallet configuration)
* Set-up and verification of weight scales.
* Detection, segregation, and isolation of non-conforming quality
defects and notifying Mold Technician, Supervisor, Manager, and/or
* Able to identify various types of quality defects based on
appearance, fit, form, and function (Ex: short shots, burn, weld
lines, watermarks, defective threads, etc.).
* Minimizing downtime by escalating to Mold Technician for
* Proper organization and cleanliness of assigned work area to
highest level of standards (5S).
* Perform 5S Audit for each work area assigned on a daily basis
* Training of new Relief Operator personnel (both full-time and
temporary) as needed and assigned.
* Performing the above mentioned functions with minimum
* Any other duties as assigned by supervision or management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Previous work in a manufacturing environment preferred (not
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend sufficient English
to follow work instructions.
Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematical skills and counting ability
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to take complex and diverse
information or situations which have several probable correct paths
and compile information in a manner that allows problems to be
solved in a reasonable fashion.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to
cut and trim parts for long periods of time while standing for
extended periods of time. Lift up to 35 pounds on occasion (some
stations may require lifting up to 50 pounds). Minimal equipment
pruning shears, cutting shears, knife, air sander, air saws, tape
gun, code stamp.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. General factory. Exposed to
heat, cold, noise, dust, oil/grease and traveling powered
* General Job Duties: palletization, box taping, scale operation,
label interpretation, packaging types, housekeeping, etc.
* Line Operation: Employees are cross-trained to be able to operate
any of the production lines within the department.
* Quality Control & Auditing: Employees are trained on defective
parts and how to verify counts, part numbers, labeling, pallet
Keywords: Westlake Chemical Corp., Memphis , Relief Operator, Other , Brownsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!