Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Title:General Plant Assembler
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek
Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales
of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential,
Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company's mission is
Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of
Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are
a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable
products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through
employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational
Position Summary: Responsible for performing assignments related to
assembly, subassembly, machine operation, packaging or activities
required in the manufacture of furnace and air conditioning units.
Work assignments may be to any workstation (Commercial Package,
Large Package, Small Package, P125, PREEVA, DAHU, etc.) in all
departments throughout the manufacturing facility.
Position Key Attributes:
* Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
* Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
* Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver
desired results, and can "own it" in a Performance Driven
* Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
* Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for
* A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
* Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do the
right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing,
and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of
* Participate in required instruction or training to become
familiar with DFT and its application at Nortek Global HVAC.
* Perform all assembly and inspection activities in conformance
with Operational Method Sheets.
* Lift component part/sub-assembly to unit using appropriate hand
tools and supplies; this may include spot welding, glue spraying,
or fastening using hand or air tools.
* Move unit to next work station using conveyor rollers or
* Scan component part/sub-assembly into computer system as required
to enter information on keyboard; affix decals or parts number
labels to unit.
* Pack completed unit or accessories for shipping.
* Record and dispose of scrap materials.
* Inspect parts, sub-assemblies, and units for assembly errors or
in-process damage on continuous basis; as instructed, complete
repairs or required recordkeeping related to damage/rework.
* Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment around
* Perform other duties as assigned to maintain production
efficiency and meet plant/department operational needs.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch, push, reach,
grasp, hear and talk.
* Generally light physical demand. The employee is required to lift
items weighing less than 1 pound, 1 to 5 pounds, and 5 to 25 pounds
frequently; items weighing 25 to 60 pounds are moved occasionally;
items weighing over 60 pounds are rarely moved. Manual handling of
materials is continuous, with hand trucks, crane hoists, forklifts
and tow motors are all used occasionally.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth
perception, clarity of vision at a distance of 20 inches or less
and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Must have previous manufacturing experience.
* Job requires the ability to read, write, perform addition and
subtraction of whole numbers, read instruments, use gauges and
* The employee is expected to gain sufficient knowledge to fulfill
the duties of this position within three months of assignment.
* Ability to read, write and apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to work with little direct supervision.
* Ability to use a variety of pneumatic and hand tools.
* 2-4 years manufacturing experience.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek
Global HVAC, please visit our company website at
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity
employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age
disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Nortek, Memphis , Assembler 1, Other , Dyersburg, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!