Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: NEW HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO A $2000 SIGN ON BONUS!
APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE! Manual Machinist supporting repairs of
pumps and equipment for customers in the Nuclear Industry. The
opportunity is based out of Memphis, TN with up to a 10% amount of
travel. This position typically works Monday-Thursday, 10 hours a
day (6am - 4:30pm), and must be willing to work overtime or
weekends as required to meet customer needs. Responsibilities &
- Set up and Machine large pump parts at expert level utilizing
all standard machines especially manual engine lathe, milling
machine, horizontal boring mill, and vertical turret lathes.
- General knowledge of pumps and pump function is a plus.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and compliance
with Flowserves Safety, Health, and Environmental standards.
- Collateral duties include other non-machining pump repair
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- 5+ years of manual machining experience.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and operate manual machining
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints,
geometric tolerances, and finishes during the application of
machining and/or repairing customer property and manufacturing
- Ability to apply and interpret precision measuring instruments,
such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate and maintain crane and
- Experience with dimensional and visual inspection.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as
- Computer literacy with standard Windows programs.
- Strong technical experience & customer focus.
- Ability to periodically climb steps and ladders to operate
machines, inspect parts and assemble components.
- Ability to stand or be on feet for 4 to 6 hours at a time,
during a 10-hour shift.
- Ability to work in a warm environment while dressed out in
proper PPE that may consist of a combination of Skull caps, double
booties, double to triple gloves, 1 or 2 Tyvek suits, Saranex suits
and possibly wearing a PAPR or Respirator. Additionally, plastic
aprons, plastic sleeve guards, and disposable face shields are
- Ability to work in radiologically contaminated areas. Depending
on the radiological level and work scope of the project PPE can be
all or some of the following: Flame Resistant Coveralls, Double
Layer Coveralls, PAPRs or Respirators. Pulmonary Testing and
Respirator Fit tests would be required to be passed.
- Ability to operate Torque Wrenches, ranging from inch/pounds up
to 900 Foot/Pounds. Hydraulic and manual devices are both available
- Ability to use Pneumatic Impact guns to loosen and or tighten
nuts and bolts.
- Ability to periodically lift between 25 to 50 lbs. Crain and
lift devices are available. Preferred Experience / Skills:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience setting up and machining large
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to organize & prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong aptitude for Flowserves 6 Cs: Commitment, Collaboration,
Creativity, Competence, Confidence, & Character. Primary Posting
Location: Memphis, Tennessee US Job Advertising Title: Manual
Machinist Job Posting Category: Operations Employment Type: Full
time Country: United States Auto req ID: 51608BRFlowserve is an
equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without
regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate
against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or
disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their
co-workers Click here to learn more.If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as
result of your disability. You can request a reasonable
accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process. id="detrack"
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Memphis , Manual Machinist, Other , Arlington, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!