Echocardiographer/on call, FT Days, holandwknd rotation, North Job
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: Memphis TN, TN, US
The Echocardiographer Internis responsible for performing
echocardiography studies on patients during a six month intensive
clinical training program under the direct observation and
supervision of a laboratory sonographer educator and/or his or her
designee. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH
Mission, Vision and Values.
Must have one of the following educational requirements:
1. A two year allied health program that is patient related. Allied
health occupations include, but not limited to, diagnostic medical
sonographer, Rad Tech, Respiratory Therapist, Occupational
Therapist, Physical Therapist, and Registered Nurse.
2. Graduate of an accredited program in diagnostic cardiac or
medical sonography or cardiac ultrasound (program of at least 12
3. Associate's or Bachelors's degree in health, science, natural
science, nursing , or relevant field.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials,
such as patient records and technical manuals.
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly with
co-workers and physicians.
- Ability to accept constructive job-performance feedback, and
demonstrate growth by incorporation of feedback into
- Ability to perform independent reading and learning pertaining
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Observes and performs echocardiography studies on patients
while under direct supervision of a laboratory sonographer educator
and/or his or her designee.
- Participates in monitoring and ensuring compliance with
regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities,
and policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective customer relation's skills, promotes a
positive work environment, and contributes to the overall team
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing,
pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling,
stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work -
exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs.
of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including
color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an
activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data
and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to
hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Invasive and non-invasive patient contact throughout shift.
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Echocardiographer/on call, FT Days, holandwknd rotation, North Job, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!