Nurse Home Visitor (HFA) - Maternal Child Admin. Job
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: Memphis, TN, US
Responsible for the nursing care of patients/clients requiring
substantial specialized judgment and skill. This judgment and skill
is based on knowledge of the natural, behavioral and nursing
sciences and humanities as the basis for application of the nursing
process in wellness and illness care. Responsible for maintaining
the highest standard in clinical nursing practice and adherence to
the Home Visiting model and to the policies, procedures, guidelines
and standards of Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare. Assess physical,
emotional, social and environmental needs of women in the home care
setting across all MODEL domains and address the issues immediately
as needed. Provides education, support and referral resources in
assisting women and their families in attaining targeted goals.
Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision
Bachelor's degree in nursing
Current licensure as RN in the state where work is performed.
Current CPR required.
Two years of experience in maternal/child health, public health,
home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing
- Basic computer skills.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles,
concepts and techniques, which are central to the professional
discipline in Nursing.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient
conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care.
Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the
resolution of human responses to complex problems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Practice Excellence - Makes complete, accurate assessments of
client and infant, develops an individualized plan of care, and
implements appropriate interventions
- Evidence Based/Best Practice - participates and provides input
on nursing practice, home visitation family dynamics and patient
outcomes. Recommends changes utilizing evidence-based practice, and
maintains accurate documentation and data collection per MODEL
- Leadership Excellence - demonstrates a commitment to
professional development and clinical expertise in obstetrics, care
of infant and pediatric clients.
- Role Clarity - Accomplishes the appropriate number of home
visits required per month as per MODEL guidelines.
- Cultural Excellence - Recognizes and appreciates the cultural,
ethnic, and generational diversity of the work place and takes a
positive approach to promote the acceptance of varying attitudes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing,
pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling,
stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work -
exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs.
of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including
color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an
activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data
and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to
hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Able to travel by air to Denver, CO for all face to face
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Nurse Home Visitor (HFA) - Maternal Child Admin. Job, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!