Company: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos
Posted on: August 7, 2022
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12
casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally
recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard
Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music
memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe.
Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and
music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues.
HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company
owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the
Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino
properties worldwide. Destinations include the company's two most
successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and
operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In
2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine
Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global
Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International
The Server is responsible for taking the guests through the key
phase of their Hard Rock experience. As a Hard Rock Cafe Server,
you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator,
decision-maker, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician (at
* Taking guests' orders .
* Running food.
* Handling cash & other forms of payment.
* Making proficient sales transactions - using a point-of-sale
* Properly checks I.D.s - for guests who appear to be under 30
* Demonstrating responsible alcohol service.
* Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge.
* Suggestive selling - using proven techniques.
* Answering questions - accurately and politely.
* Satisfying any/all needs of the guests - regularly double
checking back with guests throughout their experience.
* Maintaining a clean & organized station - including pre-bussing &
* Performing opening, closing & side duties - setting up/breaking
down station, refilling condiments, cleaning ashtrays, etc.
* Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers.
* Directing guests to areas & restrooms.
* Creating memorable experiences.
* Entertaining guests to create "Raving Fans. "
This job description reflects the position's essential functions;
it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
* High School diploma or GED equivalents.
* Follows all food safety & sanitation procedures. In some U.S.
states, a food safety certification program is required to be
completed before being able to serve food or alcohol, which may
include a food handlers card (i.e., California law requires
* Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
* Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail
and a sense-of-urgency.
* Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward
* Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during
visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and
* Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound
* Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with
hand above shoulders.
* Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects
(lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
* Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
* Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and
* Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of
* Practicing all general safety standards.
* Maintaining a well-groomed appearance ("having a plan").
* Following all uniform guidelines.
* Recycling products, where possible.
* Maintaining HRC's 5 core Values and Mission Statement.
* Your Cafe may cross-train the Server and the Busser positions.
This "Server Assistant" will become a rotated position for the
Servers and only used during busy volume Please see the Busser job
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live
our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive
workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and
encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of
Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a
qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such
accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding
requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of
employment, including the application process. If reasonable
accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current
job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to
require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos, Memphis , Server, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!