MDS Coordinator - PRN
Company: The Village at Germantown
Posted on: August 7, 2022
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability - Drug Free Workplace
The PRN MDS Nurse is an LPN who is responsible for the overall
supervision, coordination, maintenance and timely completion of the
MDS, care plans and medical records for residents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates, conducts, and completes the MDS, resident care plans
and conferences on the computerized system.
1. Ensures and monitors that MDSs are completed within HCFA and
2. Ensures MDS electronic submission occurs per State
3. Participates in family/resident care plan conferences for long
4. Ensures effective communication with other shifts and
departments as it relates to medical record documentation.
5. Reviews charts for MDS and notifies healthcare staff of missing
7. Reviews all incident reports and adds to the care plans, as
appropriate, for Skilled Nursing.
8. TN or Multistate RN License preferred
1. Serves as a staff nurse when staffing levels necessitate in
order to meet the needs of the residents.
2. Responds to emergency calls as necessary.
3. Assures timeliness of physician's visits.
4. Assists DON in developing and implementing medical records
policies and procedures.
5. Attends in-service training, education sessions, and meetings as
6. Adds ICD10 codes in AOD
7. QAPI reports
8. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by
* LPN currently licensed by State of Tennessee.
* Current CPR certification.
* In- depth experience and knowledge working with MDS computer
* Experience with the MDS transmittal process and understanding of
regulations impacting the MDS.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Degree. Two years of
experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse including some
medical/surgical experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric
Keywords: The Village at Germantown, Memphis , MDS Coordinator - PRN, Other , Germantown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!