Operator 3 - Memphis, TN
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Operator 3 - Memphis, TN
ADM Cotton Seed
This is a full-time, hourly level position.
* Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is
* Assists in Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out procedures on various valves
and machine equipment such as motors, driers and pumps.
* Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
* Maintains awareness and adheres to all GMP, EPA, OSHA and
employer standards and guidelines.
* Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment
and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents,
injuries and near misses to supervisor.
* Active participation in safety programs and safety duties as
* Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all
department and plant safety policies regarding the use of hard
hats, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal
* Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation
with other department operators and management in order to achieve
efficient production processes in all areas.
* Work outside for long periods of time in all weather
* Unload cotton seed trucks
* Have good working knowledge of seed flow from dumpers to
* Have good working knowledge of seed flow from storage to mill
* Load oil, meal, pellet, and lint railcars
* Load meal, pellet, lint trucks
* Operate fork lift, clamp truck, skid steer loader, and front end
loader safely and efficiently
* Operate Track Mobile rail car mover
* Transfer cotton seed from storage to production
* General Housekeeping
* Assist maintenance personnel as needed
* Any other jobs directed by supervisor
* Good attendance history
* Excellent safety record and awareness
* Previous plant operator experience
* Previous experience with skid steer loader and/or pay loader
* Ability to work on multiple tasks
* Ability to train
* Ability to work rotating shift job if required
* Good organizational skills
* Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills
* Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
* Willingness to work overtime when necessary
* Accurate record keeping skills
* Good keyboarding and computer skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Must be able to lift up to 10lbs from waist to shoulder height on
a frequent basis
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from floor to shoulder height on
an occasional basis
* Must be able to push/pull 35lbs on an occasional basis
* Must be able to throw rail switches
* Must be able to stand 8-12 hours
* Must be able to walk 8-12 hours
* Must be able to sit while driving 8-12 hours
* Climb ladders, work at elevated heights
* Must be able to climb to the top of all seed houses and tanks.
(100ft in elevation)
* Must be able to handle extensive walking on rough surfaces while
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran
This position offers a complete benefit package, including
401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug
screen and a background check.
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland Company, Memphis , Operator 3 - Memphis, TN, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!