Sales Administrative Assistant - USBL - US
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0014 Sysco Memphis, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
The sales admin provides direct clerical support to the Vice
President of Sales for local sales.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales
organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service
channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market, and Sysco
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports, and documents
using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Responsible for Vice President of Sales e-mail.
- Make travel arrangements as required for all sales personnel,
through appropriate travel agency and book hotel rooms as
- Authorize payroll deductions for hotel rooms per the
- Assist in preparation of food shows and sales meetings.
- Respond to solicitations for company donations.
- Screen phone calls for the Vice President of Sales and takes
- Maintain files.
- Retain local information within Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) (Sysco 360).
- Research information on the CRT or PC as required.
- Generate copy and distribute promotional reports.
- Order supplies for the Sales Department.
- Schedule room arrangements, set-up and/or attend District Sales
Manager (DSM) meetings, sales meetings, food shows, etc. as
- Collect, prepare and distribute Point-of-Sales (POS) material
- Run pre-formatted Business Objects tracking, commission, etc
- Create and maintain promotional tracking spreadsheets
- Support other areas of the company as business needs dictate,
i.e. reception desk, supply orders, administrative functions,
- High School education required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business
administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- 1-2 years' related administrative experience providing support
to an executive-level supervisor.
- 2 years' related administrative experience providing support to
an executive-level supervisor preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sysco Sales processes, organization and
product categories preferred.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge
of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to type a minimum of 50-wpm accurately.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Capable of communicating effectively with all levels of
employees and management.
- Remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure.
- Have the ability to be detail-oriented and balance multiple
projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities.
- Analyze and disseminate forms.
- Manage work time efficiently.
- Follow procedures and policies.
- Identify and solve problems.
- Retain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and
chronological filing activities.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
- Proofread and make appropriate spelling and grammar corrections
to documents written in English.
- Provide enthusiasm and creativity in problem-solving, along
with flexibility and a desire to learn.
- Handle confidential information with integrity and
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Memphis , Sales Administrative Assistant - USBL - US, Other , Germantown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!