Toxicology Supervisor - Sign-On Bonus
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications:AEL is hiring for a Supervisor for our Toxicology
Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Supervisor of Toxicology will have
responsibilities for staffing, finances, and general operations of
the toxicology lab. This position provides direction for the
toxicology lab and is a key resource to optimize patient care. With
the lab leadership team, the supervisor defines clinical
performance standards and quality measures, monitors actual
performance, and when necessary, identifies problems and initiates
corrective actions. Additional responsibilities include direct
management of staff and participation in budget management.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Toxicology lab.
- Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results
are reported in a timely manner.
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of
the department, overseeing ongoing competency evaluation and
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are
- Research and resolve any production errors.
- Engage in continuous process and service level
- Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained.
- Prepare and maintain Quality Control and Quality Assurance
records and documents.
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and
feedback for their development.
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain
proficiency/competency in technical operations.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with State and Federal
regulations and accrediting organization guidelines.
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and
- Create staffing schedules; process and maintain
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Instrument troubleshooting, maintenance, instrument setup and
- Certify and approve testing results for reporting as
- Review and develop SOPs, best practices, guidelines, standards,
policies and procedures.
- Enforce compliance of all policies, procedures, standards,
guidelines and best practices for: CLIA, safety, environmental,
laboratory, hazardous materials, equipment, accident reporting and
- Perform all other assigned duties as instructed or
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Medical Technology -from an accredited institution
(Official Transcript will be required).
- Strong working knowledge of quality assurance practices and
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions under minimal
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a medical technologist in
- Prefer 2 years of experience in a supervisory role, with direct
reports, in a clinical lab.
- Prefer 2 years of experience running and maintaining Toxicology
Licensure, Registration, CertificationTN Supervisor license
Physical RequirementsWork requires some physical effort. Lifting or
performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30
pounds) is required.
Environmental ConditionsWork is performed under basically normal
working conditions as in a standard lab environment.
American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL) is an Equal Opportunity
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of
Company:American Esoteric LabsSonic Healthcare USA provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Memphis , Toxicology Supervisor - Sign-On Bonus, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!