Patient Care Assistant - Germantown - Supplemental 3 PAVILION Job
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Patient Care Assistant is responsible for ensuring the nursing
staff has all all supplies needed for proper patient care and
assists in nonprofessional services to include feeding patient,
assisting in transporting and turning patients, attending to call
lights and delivering items to patients, and keeping the clinical
areas organized. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH
Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ability to read, write and understand verbal or written
- Demonstrates compassion and patience with a deep level of
concern for patients.
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with
internal and external customers, patients and families.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times according to
hospital policy and procedures and HIPAA requirements.
- Knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval skills (MS Office
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assists nursing staff with answering and rounding on call
lights, delivering items to patients' rooms, assisting in patient
transport, and retrieving supplies for the nursing staff when
- Responsible for auditing and stocking inventory levels on
isolation carts, linen carts, and hygiene stations to ensure all
supplies are readily available.
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of the floor to include
sanitizing equipment at patient discharge or transfer, organization
of supplies, and emptying trash cans in hallways and patient
- Assists in delivery and pick up of food trays and feeding
certain patients who may need help.
- Performs wellness check on clinical staff to notify supervisors
of fatigue and steps in to help when needed.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing,
pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling,
stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work -
exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs.
of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including
color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an
activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data
and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or
- Frequent non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to
hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Exposure to high levels of noise.
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Patient Care Assistant - Germantown - Supplemental 3 PAVILION Job, Other , Germantown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!