Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Category:Laboratory Operations
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications:Position SummaryUnder the general direction of a
Pathologist/Medical Director, the Histology Supervisor manages,
plans, organizes, and evaluates the daily operation, staffing, and
quality of the histology laboratory, overseeing all testing
procedures and protocols in the histology Laboratory. The Histology
Supervisor identifies and implements solutions to issues relating
to processing and data performance and participates in all QA/QC
activities that affect the laboratory section and patient care.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Manages and monitors day-to-day laboratory operations of the
histology department including, but not limited to, overseeing
specimen receipt and handling, workflow, data reporting, quality
control/quality assurance, and compliance with regulatory
- Evaluates, develops, and implements laboratory procedures,
techniques, and protocols, ensuring the procedure manuals are up to
- Available to provide consultation (in person, telephone or
email) to resolve technical problems in accordance with laboratory
policies and procedures.
- Investigates technical problems and takes corrective
- Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs.
Ensures quality control/assurance reports are up to date and meet
the quality assurance indicators established by Sonic Healthcare
USA. Oversees plans and preparations for inspection (CAP, State of
Tennessee, CLIA, etc.).
- Communicates with the Sales and Customer Service team to
identify and resolve client issues relating to histology.
Communicates with AEL clients to resolve histology-related
- Have responsibility to develop, implement, revise, interpret
and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), company policies
- This position will manage a team and participate in the
recruiting, interviewing, selection and on-boarding of new
departmental employees, performance management and
- The incumbent will have knowledge of CLIA regulations regarding
proficiency testing, quality assurance and quality control
- Will perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited institution and
completion of an AMA approved program of Histotechnology.
- Successfully passing the Color discrimination test in order to
verify diagnostic quality of staining processes in order that
essential features of tissue sections can be properly defined
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Histotechnologist
- Minimum of five (5) years of Supervisory experience in a
clinical lab setting
Licensure, Registration, CertificationHold a valid
Histotechnologist license in Tennessee and be certified by or
eligible for certification by the American Society for Clinical
Pathologists CT (ASCP).Hold a valid State of Tennessee supervisor
Physical RequirementsWork requires the physical demands of
standing, bending, lifting, stooping, or performing other work
requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) on an
occasional basis (up to 15% of time) and frequent walking; or
moderate physical exertion (up to 50 pounds) on an intermittent
basis (not a routine part of the job).
Environmental ConditionsWorking conditions are that of a lab
-American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL) is an Equal Opportunity
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work Shift:Company:American Esoteric
LabsSonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that
celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for
all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin,
disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Memphis , Histology Supervisor, Other , Germantown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!