Part-Time Educational Aide
Company: Youth Villages
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Company Overview:Youth Villages has been a national leader in the
adoption and implementation of research-based treatment
philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral
health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their
families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive
array of programs and services. - If you are looking for a positive
career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and
striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the
place for you!
This is a part-time position, approximately 25 hours/week during
the school day which runs from 7:30am - 3:30pm. Exact hours will
vary by school placement. -Program Overview: -Youth Villages'
Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and
behavioral problems. - Our residential campuses provide the setting
for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance
of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families
to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and
develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive
settings. The majority of these youth attend the fully accredited
schools which are located on our residential treatment campuses.
-Position Overview: -We are looking for part-time Educational Aides
to assist our Licensed Teachers with providing instruction and
direction of students' classroom activities to help them achieve
maximum academic success.Job Duties:
- Generates tutoring plans for students that detail individual
goals and suggested enrichment activities; assesses and documents
- Develops and assists students with academic exercises and class
activities; concentrates efforts with small groups of students and
individuals, as necessary.
- Runs reports needed by teachers, supervisors, and school
- Compiles, prepares, and organizes materials for learning
- Reinforces all knowledge and skills taught by the classroom
- Assists teacher with academic instruction and the instruction
of daily routines, skills, and concepts as needed.
- Provides instructional support and reinforcement to students
identified in need of tutoring services.
- Utilizes effective instructional practices, behavior management
strategies, assessment techniques and directed teaching
- Collects and compiles statistical data as needed for
accountability and program development.
- Collects, organizes and completes information necessary for
reports and evaluation.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with teachers,
supervisors, and school administrators.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Experience working in a school setting (strongly
- Experience working with children with severe emotional and
behavioral needs (plus)
- Agility & strength evaulation required
- Must be willing to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) &
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities
- Ability to operate a computer and use appropriate software
applications and peripheral office equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency in math, English, grammar, spelling,
and punctuationYouth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. -Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity,
equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with
children and young adults. We know that children, families and
young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and
justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills
they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as,
other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth
Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed
to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for
each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
Keywords: Youth Villages, Memphis , Part-Time Educational Aide, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!