Security Supervisor - Morning
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job Summary Job Title: Security SupervisorLocation: Memphis,
TNEnvironment: WarehousePay Rate: $17 / Per HourShift & Hours: 1st
Shift, 5:30am - 2:30pm (Sun - Thurs)Who is GardaWorld?GardaWorld is
the world's largest privately-owned security services company. We
protect our clients' staff and assets, wherever they are in the
world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments
spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities.
We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. GardaWorld Security Services is looking for Supervisors
to fulfill different assignments for our clients.JOB
DESCRIPTIONPosition SummaryThe Shift Supervisor is responsible for
maintaining strong relationships with both employees and clients,
ensuring that the highest quality of customer service and security
personnel is present to meet and exceed the client's financial and
operational goals during an assigned shift. Essential
FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ensure that GardaWorld Security core values are integrated into
and throughout all business practices
- Supervise the day-to-day security service provided to the
facility and ensure service is of the highest standards - capable
of representing GardaWorld as the premier provider of security
services in the industry
- Assist in the development and implementation of staffing
schedules, payroll, and other reports
- Ensure that operational logs, records and post orders are
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with client and
employees and serve as the liaison between GardaWorld, our client,
and our assigned staff
- Assist in the selection, orientation, training, and continual
development of staff assigned to the account
- Maintain goal of zero safety incidents, while at the same time
managing a robust safety culture and a robust safety program that
is appropriate to the operating environments
- Regularly review security officer schedules and staffing levels
to identify opportunities for improvement of security operations,
decreased risk, and reduced cost where possible
- Be ready to respond to any operational emergency and insure
timely response, timely and efficient communications and accurate
- Immediate responsibility to direct, supervise, and support
- Recommend, nominate, and distribute rewards and
- Responsible for corrective action and discipline of subordinate
officers (up to formal warnings) and recommending and participating
in other disciplinary decisions up to and including
- Supervise & manage employees on your shift at your assigned job
- Maintain a healthy, professional relationship with our client
at the assigned site.
- Exercise independent judgement and sound decision making in
performing all duties.
- Additional duties as assigned.Competencies
- Hands-on Approach, Business Acumen, Problem Solving,
Communication, Consultation, Cultural Awareness, Leadership &
Navigation, Relationship Management, Ethical Practice, Employee
Engagement, Thick-skinned.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position
supervises security officersWork EnvironmentThis job operates in
varying site-specific environments. This role is active and the
majority of the time is spent walking around a building
interacting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those, which must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move
office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.Position
Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position, hourly,
non-exempt position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require
long hours and weekend work.TravelNo travel is expected except to
and from the job site.Required Education and ExperienceA high
school diploma or equivalent (GED) requiredPreferred Education and
ExperienceIdeal candidates possess two-years' management
experience. Previous contract services, hospitality, military or
law enforcement experience is desirable, as are CPP/PSP and other
related certifications.Other DutiesPlease note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. Ideal Skills,
Characteristics, & Experiences
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced, complex
- Results and people oriented but can balance business
- Display process driven mentality.
- Highly organized.
- Self-motivated and displays a high sense of urgency.
- Stable progressive work history.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Acts with integrity.
- Resilient and Adaptable.
- Competitive spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships at all
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and get involved in every aspect
of the business.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which
may include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug
test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.TN#11963
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Memphis , Security Supervisor - Morning, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!