Specialist, Inbound Slotting
Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Description: About FedEx Supply Chain FedEx Supply Chain, a
subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio
that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of
innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a
consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement
innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By
leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network,
FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for
customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and
35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain
manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million
returns each year. For more information, go to
supplychain.fedex.com. -- We Have---.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world---s
most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more! -- General
Summary---. The Inbound Slotting Specialist will assist in and lead
the development of fulfillment center slotting strategy process to
improve fulfillment center productivity.-- Creates and reviews
procedures for inbound and inventory slotting management to
maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.-- Ensures the
continuous flow of product inbound to the appropriate location in
the warehouse for storage and put-away.-- This position is
responsible for enhancing inbound workflow by analyzing, developing
and implementing logistic plans that streamline the inbound flow of
product into the warehouse utilizing the Warehouse Management
System.-- The role is also responsible for managing inbound volume
demands by balancing teammate capacity and customer orders. -- This
position will be responsible for---..
- Reduce fulfillment center throughput cycle time, improve
fulfillment center safety performance, improve order accuracy, and
reduce product damage.
- Maintain slotting strategy, policy and procedures for the
- Meet regularly with management to discuss suggestions for slot
setup for approval of slot changes.
- Train management to understand the slotting strategy and
- Establish and drives the standardization of slotting for all
new items, adjust and relocate SKU---s in new locations when
- Monitor item velocity and adjust replenishment thresholds.
- Responsible for coordination with production schedules for
slotting product to benefit work flow and meet truck pull
- Controls inbound flow of product ensuring that the inbound dock
is efficiently maintained and product put-away
- Advanced computer skills and understanding of the slotting
process using Manhattan WMS system and Microsoft Access.
- Auditing and coordinating orders for shipping.
- Generate and analyze fulfillment reports to coordinate
- Supports go-live activities managing responsibilities of
trouble shooting issues that arrive on the inbound and slotting
- Strong written communication skills to develop Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions and Visual aids for
the teammates operating the warehouse
- Actively engage in problem solving, proactively inserting
themselves into the problem to find a solution
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, including
working in a startup atmosphere
- Collaborate with internal business partners as needed to
resolve outstanding issues on slotting and or order
- Evaluate all project deliverables for content and quality.
- Identify roadblocks that may impact deliverable dates and
recommend alternative solutions. Qualification: You might be a
great fit if---. Education/Experience
- Bachelor---s Degree with 6 years of experience in
manufacturing, distribution warehousing and supply chain
logistics.-- Manhattan preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in a distribution center
- Strong operational knowledge and understanding of Warehouse
- Strong computer skills\: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work
instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt
professional and industry standards. -- Physical/Cognitive
Requirements With or without accommodation\:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.--
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds. -- ADA
---FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals
with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. --
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer.-- We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Memphis , Specialist, Inbound Slotting, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!