MRF Maintenance Lead Tech
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: September 13, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recycling Center Lead Maintenance
Technician provides direction to a group of technicians to ensure
that all repairs and maintenance of equipment are performed in
compliance with the Companys safety standards and applicable
federal and state regulations. The Recycling Center Lead
Maintenance Technician also performs repairs and maintenance on
recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to
maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include,
but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic
systems, recycling equipment (sorting screens, optical sorters,
magnets, eddy currents, etc), electrical systems, balers, conveyor
systems and compactors. In addition, the Recycling Center Lead
Maintenance Technician diagnoses more complicated repair work;
provides coaching on diagnostic techniques to subordinate
technicians; and schedules the repair work for his or her work
group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is done in a
safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the
- Maintains expert knowledge of, and advanced working proficiency
in diagnoses of mechanical problems using chars, diagnostic
software, and technical manuals.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment,
compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and
productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited
to, route maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling
equipment, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers,
conveyor systems, and compactors.
- Repairs or replaces parts as directed by a work order system.
Completes field service reports in a work order system.
- Overhauls or replaces machine components and replace worn
- Communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for
clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with
equipment users to minimize future repairs.
- Independently troubleshoot and maintain complex
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and
oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services
Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to standard
- May maintain, repair and install plumbing, electrical, HVAC,
odor systems, and negative pressure systems
- Installs and sets up new equipment and communicate with vendors
regarding maintenance schedules.
- Reads, troubleshoots and programs simple PLC instructions to
enhance plant monitoring and performance as requested by operations
staff or to support maintenance objectives. --- Follows all safety
policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
- PLC Programming experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of equipment maintenance and repair
- Valid drivers license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Memphis , MRF Maintenance Lead Tech, Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!