Forklift Operator - 3rd Shift (3 positions)
Company: Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Career PotentialOrtho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to
improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire
people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a
valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part
of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new
directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical
Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a
whole new direction in important medicine. That's something we can
all take pride in as we take this journey together.Ortho is known
in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply
understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital
and blood bank customers is what we do. It's who we are. If you
join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep
that Customer Excellence focus in your work.The OpportunityAs we
continue to grow, we are seeking a Forklift Operator who will
perform various warehouse activities to ensure the full and
efficient operation of the Distribution Center such as receiving,
sorting, stacking, picking, packing, and shipping of orders. The
candidate will be required to be licensed on PIT equipment.The
Responsibilities* Use a forklift to unload trucks, break down
freight, receive and stock. Use a RF scanner to pick orders with a
forklift or using a computer to pack out the orders. Product could
be stored in ambient, cool room or freezer location. Associate
could be rotated between different departments based upon business
* Operate the use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary;
ensure daily routine inspections are conducted. Report any unsafe
* Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Verify products for the correct code, correct lot and correct
quantities and ensure damages are identified.
* Perform housekeeping in assigned area and following safety
* Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a
clean, safe and orderly condition.
* Maintain regular attendance.
* Use PPE when required for the job task (vest, steel toed shoes,
body harness, gloves, etc.)
* Willing to work Overtime with little or same day notice
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
The Individual* High School Diploma required
* Basic computer and math skills
* Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and be able to
* Previous distribution experience is required
* Previous experience in a cold chain environment a plus
* Previous forklift experience required
Key Working Relationships* Internal - Customer Service, Planning,
Leadership and North America Supply Chain
* External - Customers, Carrier, Freight Forwarders, Suppliers
Keywords: Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Memphis , Forklift Operator - 3rd Shift (3 positions), Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!