Territory Sales Manager (Generalist)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Rinnai: Creating A Healthier Way of Living
Rinnai America is the leader in tankless water heating, a
technology that is growing rapidly as businesses and homes "yank
the tank" and convert to an efficient, endless supply of hot water
and are proud to be the only tankless water heating manufacturer in
the US, with the start of its first production facility in Georgia.
We aim to do this by a commitment to our employees, with a strong,
accountable culture and a practice of giving back to our
Rinnai America Corporation (RAC) is looking for RAC-STARS! We are
conducting a TOP TALENT search for a Territory Sales Manager. Check
out why Rinnai is the hottest place to work
Responsible to create and execute residential and commercial
programs among all segments in the specified regional area to
expand Rinnai's market share. Coordinate with the territory
managers, BDM team, Regional Sales Manager, to ensure team is
effectively maximizing opportunities to achieve corporate
* Responsible for achieving sales targets, strategies, and tactics
for the Rinnai assigned territory
* Sales development and growth of Repair and Replace segment.
* Sales development and growth of assigned new construction builder
* Sales development and growth of assigned Commercial Mechanical/
* Provide product and installation training as needed to Plumbing
contractors by segment.
* Implement and provide pricing, applicable discounts, advertising,
and programs as approved by the Director of Sales.
* Manage and gain alignment with Distribution partners in the
* Travel efficiently in assigned Territory to deliver sales targets
and market development responsibilities.
* Quarterly review of progress and set achievement milestones
* Conducts product knowledge training for all distributor sales
(inside, outside, counter, and Showroom)
* Define, plan, and execute highest probability RNC plumber,
R&R plumber, and Commercial client alignment.
* Create localized plumber conversion programs for each responsible
* Build and execute presentation data needed to move Builders and
Plumbers from tanks to tankless
* Maintain appropriate contact with distributors and sales outlets
to support supply chain
* Utilize CRM to manage all sales funnel activities.
* Relationship building with strategic plumber partners and
Regional RNC plumber management
* Monitor and analyze field sales reports, interpret results and
take corrective action to achieve sales targets.
* Assist in the preparation of annual and monthly sales forecast
and sales targets.
* Conducts Commercial Jobsite Visits to assist in system
* Identify and gather information on customer complaints and work
towards resolution with Engineering, Tech Department.
* Identify dealer problems, complaints, and warranty issues and
clearly communicate to Engineering, Tech Department for case
initiation and resolution.
* Create effective timeline for Engineering and Tech to reach
resolution of product issue.
* Identify and address field product performance/quality issues by
gathering information and submitting to Engineering and Tech
Department to initiate escalation process.
* This will include support in interacting with Rinnai's
Engineering group and Tech Department in gathering necessary
information on potential product performance/quality issues.
* Provide monthly a detailed account of all training, competitive
intelligence, product requirements, and pertinent information as
prescribed by Director of Sales and as outlined the Market Summary
* General Regional administrative reporting
* Quarterly Market Summaries
* Timely T&E expense submission
* Logs in training classes to meet Territory training metrics
* Manage all plumber contracts and programming
* Process workflows to resolve field related issues.
* Self-directed learning experience (SDLE) participation and
* Use Percipo Application to focus on 1 learning event per month
coordinated with supervisor
* Use of Learning management system to be certified annually for
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field and/or equivalent
work experience required.
* Minimum 3 years of demonstrated sales management experience
working within the construction products industry.
* Industry knowledge including but not limited to construction
products, and gas appliance applications.
* Aggressive and seasoned in sales leadership, management, and
* High capability to work with C suite decision makers to gain
* Financial acumen to support clients and leverage Rinnai benefits
to their business.
* High capability working with Distribution accounts that support
the dealer supply chain.
* Strong abilities to properly develop dealer network for all
* Able to present key influential data like HERS ratings and other
energy efficiency benefits of Rinnai.
* Constructively understand and manage client needs to foster
* Proven ability to deal with customers and to negotiate
* Proven ability to organize workloads effectively and to determine
* High level analytical and administrative skills including report
writing and formulation business reports.
* Proven technical ability and desire to effectively market
directly to each unique segment and their plumber/ supplier
* Capable of presenting and managing Marketing campaigns with
successful ROI to clients/ contractors.
* Effective use of Rinnai tools such as CRM, Cobblestone, Project
* Relationship building.
* Strong team player within local and Regional business team.
* Self- motivation and confidence.
* Initiative, commitment, and achievement orientation.
* Presentation skills to groups of clients.
* Superior sales, customer, and management awareness.
* Ability to influence stakeholders that supports a "push and pull"
* Ability to develop sound business planning process.
* Ability to motivate individual team members.
* Ability to present technical products to various size groups.
* Ability to accept challenges, evaluate best options and act in a
* Creative conflict resolution that results in fair and equitable
* Travel up to 60%
* Meets Rinnai's ethical standards
* Demonstrates a consistently satisfactory disciplinary history
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for Medical and Dependent
* Paid Time Off (PTO), Floating Holidays (FH)
* Paid Holidays
* 401(k) Plan with Company Match
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Short- and Long-Term Disability
* Professional Development
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Annual incentive plan (AIP)
* Referral Bonuses
* Paid Volunteer Community Service Day
* Tobacco and Drug-Free Campuses
Keywords: Rinnai, Memphis , Territory Sales Manager (Generalist), Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!