Production Supervisor (Processing)
Company: Riviana Foods
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionRole OverviewThe Processing Supervisor is
accountable for planning and scheduling activities for labor,
supplies, production and equipment to meet required key performance
indicators (KPIs) and to achieve safety, quality, value and cost
for assigned shift. The Process Supervisors' is primarily focused
on the daily operation of the department to assure that it operates
in the most efficient manner with the highest standards of safety,
sanitation and quality and is responsible for leading hourly
personnel working in one or more departments.Principle
Responsibilities - 4 Key AreasProcess: Coordinates resources,
oversees and monitors execution of work area objectives
- Daily assignment and movement of personnel on production lines
to effectively use and/or remove labor as production requirements
dictate. Maintain effective communication with Scheduling
Supervisor, Packaging Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and hourly
- Troubleshoots process equipment with team; identifies and
- Coordinate packaging supply requirements for assigned lines
- Ensures compliance with all internal and external procedures
- Executes capital and facility improvements.People: Educates and
trains employees in safety, quality, value and cost principles and
- Plans and schedules employees to meet performance requirements;
communicates daily with Scheduling Supervisor concerning status of
assigned packaging lines and upcoming requirements.
- Identifies and implements role focused training, employee
development, and performance management; participates in
coordinating and directing standard operating line adjustments and
troubleshooting with line operators (i.e. code dates, glue
adjustments, rail adjustments, limited changeovers, etc.).
- Identifies and addresses employment and HR issues; maintains a
sound working relationship with the bargaining unit.Financial:
Coordinates resources, controls resource costs in line with
- Assign daily proper cost center placement of labor in time and
- Provides input to operating budget.
- Operates and adheres to budget standards regarding staffing,
overtime costs and materials usage.
- Tracks assigned area actuals to budget; explains variances to
- Recommends corrective actions where needed.Strategic:
Identifies and recommends continuous improvement actions and
- Monitors work results against department goals.
- Analyzes processes, equipment and performance trends across
- Determines actions required to make improvements; ensures
- A minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience is required,
ideally in a manufacturing facility. This experience should
encompass working under OSHA parameters, high quality orientation
and a strong working relationship with all levesl of the
organization to foster a highly engaged workforce.Key Attributes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give direction and provide leadership to team.
- Perform math calculations of addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division and understand ratios, timing and speed
relationships of equipment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in
- Ability to climb and work at heights in excess of 100
- Strength and ability to lift and handle objects weighing 50
- Ability to work from various positions such as stooping,
sitting, bending, etc.
- Eyesight corrected or natural must be sufficient to work safely
in daylight or dimly lit conditions and read blueprints or other
- Hearing corrected or natural must be sufficient to work
- Must be able to speak loudly and clearly enough to be heard
over normal plant background noise.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perform effective problem solving and team building.
- Read, write and comprehend written and spoken English.
- Effectively prepare and interpret written communications and
- Meet requirements for Green Belt certification.
- Knowledge and use of all company software applications and
- Care and use of required onsite facility personal protection
- Able to respond to emergency call-outs.Work Variables - Must
- Work scheduled shifts, which may be 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Respond to emergency callouts.
- Work unscheduled shifts and weekends with minimum notice to
cover for absent personnel and accommodate fluctuating
- High exposure to noise and seasonal, moderate exposure to
- Technical skills to perform in area of specialty.
- Understands and able to perform and troubleshot all activity
and equipment under supervision.
- Understands Lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Understands business of the company.Benefits
- Health Insurance-available Immediately
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life/AD&D Plan
- Supplemental Life/A&D Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation (begins accruing immediately)
- 401K Plan-55% company match up to 6%
- Short-term disability
Keywords: Riviana Foods, Memphis , Production Supervisor (Processing), Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!