Company: Harsco Environmental
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing
and environmental services to the global steel and metals
industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services
offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and
return valuable raw material into production. We also have
developed a range of by-products for specialized applications
across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize
Harsco's expertise in mineral materials.Job Description
SUMMARYSupervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in
hourly production jobs at Steel Mill locations serviced by Harsco
Environmental to ensure all obligations for the customer are met in
a timely and satisfactory manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Coordinate plant operations to ensure proper function within
company policies and procedures.
- Implement and coordinate safety objectives resulting in a
clean, safe work environment.
- Communicates to workforce the job to be done, identifying
materials and equipment to be used. Ensures the employee has a full
understanding of expectations and of how to perform the job safely
- Oversees the employee training and operation of equipment such
as bulldozers, cranes, graders, etc.
- Responsible for proper scheduling of employees and equipment to
meet all needs of the customer and productions demands.
- Conducts daily safety talks with employees at the commencement
of the shift.
- Ensures all shift records and documentation are completed
accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate data collection
required for payroll, maintenance, etc.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Communicates with Site Manager, Operations Director or various
functional support teams regard any and all problems within their
- Must be a team player with the ability to come in when
required, and stay until the job is completed.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Supervises & coordinates activities of hourly production
workers within the steel mill industry operating heavy
- Ensure obligations for the customer are met in a timely, safe,
- Coordinate plant operations, implement safety objectives for a
safe work environment.
- Communicate to work force jobs or task to be done.
- Ensure documentation is accurately complete, conduct daily
safety talks, communicate with site manager.
- Computer skills a must.LANGUAGEAbility to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.Preferred Skills:
- Three to five years of supervisory experienceMATHEMATICAL
SKILLSAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITYAbility to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, use arms and hands, kneel,
climb or balance 60-100% of on-the-job time.
- Ability to talk or hear 100% of on-the-job time.
- Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds 30% of on-the-job
- Vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Work atmosphere may include the
following conditions: working near moving mechanical parts, in
fumes or airborne toxins, in outdoor weather conditions, in the
risk of radiation, and vibration.Moderate to Loud noise.
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life
insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company
matching.Harsco Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Disclaimer:This job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this position.
Keywords: Harsco Environmental, Memphis , Production Supervisor, Professions , Newport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!