Forklift Operator I
Company: FedEx Logistics
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Hours2nd shift 2nd shift 2p-10:30pGeneral Summary. The Forklift
Operator I is primarily responsible for safely operating basic
powered material handling equipment (excluding the Order Picker,
Turret and Drexel) for the purpose of product receipt, storage and
order fulfillment. This position is responsible for product safety,
quality, and legality. This position will be responsible for..
- Full case order picking for replenishment, customer orders and
- Pallet retrieval and put away in narrow aisle bulk rack storage
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of all transactions.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and cases from trucks and
conveyor lines, by hand or equipment.
- Sorting and build product to pallets to ensure compliance to
- Use of machinery to apply shrink wrap to pallets.
- Perform a pre- and post-equipment checklist.
- Maintain accuracy of storage locations by performing daily
cycle counts and routine inventory maintenance tasks.
- Perform other distribution work functions as needed due to
business volume and need. You might be a great fit if.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate powered basic material handling equipment,
i.e. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.
- Must meet all PPE and fall protection requirements
- Ability to work on equipment at extended heights.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and flexibility in
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player. Physical/Cognitive Requirements With or
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 60 pounds. ADA FedEx
Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable
accommodations are available for qualified individuals with
disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. Fed Ex
Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Job
ID: 45878Schedule: Full-timeRequsition ID: 45878
Keywords: FedEx Logistics, Memphis , Forklift Operator I, Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!