Company: Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Location: Olive Branch
Posted on: January 26, 2023
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from
Chuck Williams' single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest
retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved
brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma. Pottery
Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between
factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around
the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced,
and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in
distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance,
human resources or home delivery - and are looking for a job with a
strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement - our
Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work -, an honor reflecting
that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation
* 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
* 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles,
Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
* 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
* 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in
Memphis, TN, and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft,
consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary
* 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina,
Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE's producing
approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered
* Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail
consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in
* 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia
and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and
The Analyst, Customs Compliance - Audit position may be located in
Memphis, TN; Richmond, CA; The Colony, TX; or Pompano Beach, FL.
This position manages the regulatory programs to maintain overall
customs compliance to global laws and regulations; as well as
establish and execute to internal controls that support cost
reduction programs and risk avoidance strategies. The performance
expectations of this position include acting with a sense of
urgency while maintaining high compliance and due diligence,
analyzing and determining root causes, thinking and planning
strategically, elevating operational issues effectively, and
fostering positive communication between internal and external
You'll be excited about this opportunity because....
* Establish internal controls and ensure internal controls,
reporting, and systems documentation complies with the Company's
Compliance Programs. Internal control processes must be consistent
with the interrelated components of internal controls as defined
under the COSO Framework. Develop and execute procedures that
mitigate risk and demonstrate reasonable care as required under 19
U.S.C. 1484 (19CFR)
* Oversee all post entry activity to ensure Company is
appropriately responding to Customs inquiries and submitting post
entry corrections in a manner that demonstrates reasonable
* Gather data from various sources and platforms and provide
insightful analysis whether it is to highlight cost-saving
opportunities or ways to improve and strengthen compliance.
* Assist with the Company's participation in cost reduction
programs such as Free Trade Agreements, and Duty Drawback.
* Provide brand with guidance regarding Anti-dumping and
Countervailing cases to avoid gross financial risk.
* Keep current with changes in regulations and new regulatory
obligations assumed through Global Expansion. Implement new
policies and procedures accordingly.
* Keep manager and director informed of identified risks,
compliance status, and audit findings.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in
* A BS/BA degree in International Trade/Business or equivalent
* 3 years or more experience working in the Customs organization of
a US Importer
* Expert with MS Access, Excel, and Word
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We prefer some of these qualities as well---.
* Licensed Customs Broker, preferred
* Background in auditing is a plus
* Working knowledge of 19CFR and 15CFR Part 30 and US
Antidumping/Countervailing laws preferred.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry---.
* Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
* 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
* Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex
domestic partner benefits
Keywords: Williams-Sonoma, Inc., Memphis , Customs Analyst, Professions , Olive Branch, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!