Maintenance Technician I - Maintenance
Company: NCI Building Systems
Posted on: April 18, 2019
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I - MAINTENANCE
1836 Dock St, Memphis, TN 38106, USA Req #1354
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a
single purpose: We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
Metal Coaters cleans, pre-treats and roll applies organic coatings
in a continuous process on hot-dipped galvanized, Galvalume ,
cold-rolled, electro-galvanized and aluminum coil. Pre-painted
steel and aluminum coil is used in a wide variety of construction
applications such as pre-engineered wall and roof panels,
architectural building panels, agricultural wall and roof panels,
garage and entry doors, door frames and commercial or manufactured
goods such as acoustical ceiling grid, light fixtures, closet
hardware, consumer electronics, office furniture and appliances.
Metal Coaters is a division of NCI Building Systems.
* We offer Paid Safety Training
* We have a great Safety Recognition Program
* Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
* 11 Paid Holidays
* Excellent Benefits (75% Company paid Health Insurance)
* Forbes Top 100 US Most Trustworthy Companies in 2015
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
* Responsible for safely performing emergency and preventative
repairs to plant machinery and infrastructure and minimizing
production time losses associated with the breakdown or failure of
* Responsible for the day-to-day administration of a preventative
maintenance program designed to establish reliability of production
equipment and infrastructure. Effectively utilize manpower to
complete repairs in a timely manner.
* Responsible for the day-to-day administration of a work order
system designed to establish priority and control over maintenance
request from production personnel. Ensures that work order
(Maintenance) requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
* Responsible for the safe and prudent use of company equipment and
tools. Also, ensures a safe work environment by utilizing
Lock-out/Tag-out procedures and reporting any unsafe condition.
* Responsible for the inventory of maintenance supplies. informs
the Maintenance Supervisor when supplies have been removed from
stock and require replenishment. Provides ordering information for
replenishment of stock.
* Responsible for utilizing the work order system both in entering
work orders and completing work orders, as directed by the
* Communicates daily with internal personnel from production and
quality control in order to assist in resolving problems and
achieving company goals
* Responsible for follow-up review of completed maintenance tasks
to ensure that work is completed properly and in a safe and timely
* Responsible for development and review of standard operating
procedures to govern the function performed by maintenance
* Ensures that all established maintenance work areas are kept
clean and safe including where repairs are performed.
* Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental
principles associated with the quality and environmental management
system in place.
* 3-5 years of documented experience as an industrial maintenance
technician, mechanic and/or electrician
* Ability to read and comprehend documents including: safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and
* Ability to communicate information in small group situations to
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions,
percentages, area, circumference and volume.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding, to perform work
instructions that are furnished in written, oral and/or
* Ability to solve problems that involve multiple variables in a
* Incumbent should be able to drive a forklift and use power
* Working knowledge of 480V/120V electrical systems, electric
motors, contactor, and control circuits.
* Ability to read blueprints and manuals
* Troubleshooting skills
* Proficient with multi-meter and amprobe, have familiarity with
PLC systems, hydraulic systems and components, pneumatic systems
and components, power transmission systems, piping systems and
* Basic welding and fit-up
* Basic machine set-up and alignment
* Rigging and lifting skills
* Willing to work in hot and cold environments
* Willing to work rotating shift and overtime
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Maintenance
* Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: NCI Building Systems, Memphis , Maintenance Technician I - Maintenance, Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!