Sr Tax Analyst
Company: FedEx Services
Posted on: September 13, 2019
COMPANY: FedEx Services
JOB TITLE: Sr Tax Analyst
JOB REQUISITION NUMBER: RC185309
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Under general supervision, provides analysis on the most complex
projects related to the application of federal, state and local tax
laws. Review, analyze, classify, ensure completion and compliance
of the corporation s tax obligations in accordance with state,
federal and international laws leveraging specific tax knowledge
and technological advances.
TAX COMPLIANCE/TAX ACCOUNTING/SYSTEM
* Review, analyze and determine application of
city/county/state/federal and international tax regulations to
ensure company compliance with governmental tax regulations.
* Preparation, review and analysis of
separate/combined/consolidated tax returns, tax provisions,
estimated tax payments, cash tax forecasts, and extensions for all
* Create/review detailed documentation to support tax positions
* Gather, analyze, interpret and review data to form conclusions
regarding statutory public utility valuations for centrally
assessed properties for all FedEx companies.
* Assist, review and maintain vendor engagement.
* Designs and implement tax process improvements under the
supervision of the Tax Advisor, Executive Advisor or Tax Manager to
streamline and rationalize manually intensive tax processes by
utilizing integrated financial, operational, and information
* Analyzes and interprets information from diverse sources to form
tax positions for multiple FedEx companies.
* Creates/reviews detailed documentation and findings in support of
* Consults with management on tax issues and provides tax
* Be aware of and ensure adherence to department policies regarding
managing, updating, and ensuring tax work is in compliance with
required SOX control objectives.
* Assist with preparation/review of tax footnotes including
consolidated schedules that go into the footnote.
TAX RESEARCH/SPECIAL PROJECTS
* Utilize academia knowledge and communication skills to execute
FedEx Tax protocols in accordance with governmental regulations
including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, state,
and local jurisdictions
* Create/review detailed research documentation supporting tax
* Analyzes, interprets and reviews tax regulations for tax impact
to all FedEx companies
* Evaluates, makes conclusions, and communicates to management tax
impact for various tax special projects
* Represent all FedEx companies in Tax Audits and Appeals including
federal/state/local and international tax issues
* Analyze, review and interpret information to complete Information
Document Requests for federal/state/local and international tax
* Develop detailed documentation supporting tax requests
* Prepare/review memorandums documenting tax conclusions and
communicate to management
* Review and evaluate tax legislation and legislative changes.
* Form conclusions related to tax legislation and communicate the
tax impact to management
* Interpret tax legislation to ensure appropriate application for
tax reporting purposes.
* Create detailed documentation/calculations supporting tax impact
of legislative changes
* Assist in management coordination of the Tax internship and
* Assist, as needed, with training, learning and development
function for the Tax organization
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree business, finance, or related discipline.
* Two (2) years directly related experience within a tax/financial
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Superior demonstrated skills with current technology
tools/advances and other database/analytical tools.
* Proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
DOMICILE / RELOCATION:
* This position will be located in Memphis, Tennessee. Relocation
assistance may be available based on business needs.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS / DEADLINE:
* Upload current copy of Resume and answer job screening
questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on September 12,
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to
work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to
grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you!
Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and
business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and
territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due
to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000
talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx
experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different
lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past
couple of years:
* Fortune \\"World s Most Admired Companies\\" 2019
* Forbes \\"Best Employers for Diversity\\" - 2019
* Reputation Institute \\"World s Most Reputable Companies\\"
* National Business Inclusion Consortium \\"Best-of-the-Best
Corporations for Inclusion\\" - 2019
* Women s Business Enterprise National Council \\"America s Top
Corporations for Women s Business Enterprises\\" - 2018
* Corporate Responsibility Magazine \\"100 Best Corporate
* Black Enterprise \\"50 Best Companies For Diversity\\" 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it
is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If
you would like to make a difference on a global scale while
receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of
opportunities to develop, click Apply and tell us more about
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed
to diversifying its workforce.
Keywords: FedEx Services, Memphis , Sr Tax Analyst, Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!