Company: Tennant Company
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry.
Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and
sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces
more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning
challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces
in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free
and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and
supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading
surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates
in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe,
Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed
to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and
healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that
minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further
Our service technicians are the representatives of Tennant Company,
working with our customers to deliver solutions that create a
cleaner safer world. Working at our customer's facility, the
Commercial Service Technician will maintain, troubleshoot, and
perform basic repairs on Tennant products, and provide quality
customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure
satisfaction with Tennant products.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for basic repair and service on small commercial
floor care machines. Primarily servicing Tennant products but may
also include some competitive products.
* Responsible for scheduling-work and repairing small products at
* Satisfy in a timely and complete fashion, all business reporting
documentation including but not limited to: timesheets, repair
orders, machine checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and
repair order logs.
* Receive incoming parts orders, verify quantities, store material
in proper service truck bin location, assign and adjust bin
locations, and ensure that excess inventory is purge.
* Advise the customer of his/her present and/or future service
* Estimate machine repair requirements and prepare necessary data
to provide an accurate repair quote to the customer, including
labor and trip charges.
* Responsible for effectively scheduling time and arranging
customer service calls to maintain effective customer service.
* Advise sales representatives of potential customer applications
for equipment replacements or additions.
* Consistently present a professional image, both in personal
appearance and condition of company equipment.
* Install commercial products to satisfy national accounts and
regional account requirements.
Required Skills and Competencies:
* Basic mechanical and electrical aptitude.
* Ability to safely use hand and power shop tools, equipment, and
* Basic troubleshooting and repair skills in mechanical and
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents and
* Proven ability to multi-task and organize workload
* Previous customer service experience strongly recommended.
* Ability to adapt to a variety of environments, customer-needs,
* Basic inventory management skills.
* Good estimating skills.
* Must be able to wear safety shoes and glasses
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Vocational school a plus
* Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy
* Experience working in direct contact with customers on
service-related activities preferred.
* Must display positive attitude and desire to satisfy customer
Must pass a company-initiated pre-employment background check,
academic verification, previous employer reference check, physical,
drug test and driving record review
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We're everywhere. In your
sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We
make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning
ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean
it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support
functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places
you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a
project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents
you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can
happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your
journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment
decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability,
reliability, productivity, and other factors important to
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Keywords: Tennant Company, Memphis , Service Technician, Professions , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!