Front Desk Agent / Guest Service Rep
Company: THE PEABODY MEMPHIS
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently;
process all payments according to established hotel requirements.
Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
Energize the five values, the four hospitality behaviors and
Front Desk and Back Office Areas, Guest Rooms and all Public
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions.
- under variable noise levels.
Internal: Staff in Front Desk area, Bell/Door, Transportation, PBX
Staff, Concierge, Reservations, Hotel Assistant Managers, Sales &
Catering, Housekeeping, Restaurants, Accounting, Engineering and
External: Hotel guests/visitors, Tour company representatives,
Limousine service personnel other hotels, Group Coordinators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and
- all room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
Keep bank secure at all times.
- Ability to understand and execute all safety and emergency
procedures (for example: fire, crowd control, inclement weather,
and bomb threats).
- Ability to adhere to the Peabody Hotel Standards, Mobil
Standards, AAA Standards, and Preferred Standards.
- Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and
- Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status
and follow up items.
- Access all functions of computer system.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Ability to focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to sustain direct contacts with the public; must
establish high degree of customer service, (smile, eye contact,
positive person presentation, etc.) and high-volume interaction
with guest and staff.
- Ensure and adhere to the VIP procedures.
- Attend and participate departmental/hotel meetings and
- Set up workstation with necessary supplies.
- Follow proper Peabody phone etiquette.
- Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching
the Front Desk.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Confirm reservations in system and review all noted
- For guests without a reservation, sell the room type agreed
- Register guest in the computer and generate a registration
- Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain back-up information for guest's credit/payment method
and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Assign room to guest(s).
- Advise guests of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for
- Inform guests of room safe and club floor key access.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach
copy to registration card.
- Direct Bell Person to escort guests and transport their luggage
to the room.
- Maintain guest history files on all guests.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and
delivery of amenities.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according
to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate
- File registration cards by room number.
- File vouchers and tax-exempt forms in designated area.
- Be aware of the business levels and particular groups, repeat
guests, and VIP's in house.
- Accommodate room changes.
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and
- Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers
and guests wishing to leave a message.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to
- Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of
- Distribute all guest and department mail.
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
- Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated
- Pre-register designated guests and prepares key
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated
departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with
- Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report
discrepancies to Manager.
- Process all checkouts.
- Resolve any late charges.
- Present folio to guest and resolves any disputed
- Settle guest accounts.
- Retrieve guest room key from guest.
- Solicit guest comments on their stay.
- Process express checkouts.
- Handle requests for late checkouts.
- Conduct group check-ins/outs.
- Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate
information regarding groups, inventory and guest
- File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers,
- Make change for guests.
- Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks.
- Post charges.
- Run closing reports.
- Count and secure bank.
- Complete designated cashier reports.
- Balance receipts.
- Drop receipts.
- Document pertinent information to designated departments.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training
- Compute basic arithmetic, including the use of
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guests' service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent
- input and access information in the property management
system/computers/point of sales system.
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and
co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
- Some college or training in Hospitality Industry.
- Previous experience as Front Desk Agent.
- Previous cashiering experience.
- Ability to communicate in other languages
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Previous experience in a Preferred Hotel.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work
- Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who
pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety
of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Keywords: THE PEABODY MEMPHIS, Memphis , Front Desk Agent / Guest Service Rep, Sales , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!