Guest Services Agent / Reservationist
Company: THE PEABODY MEMPHIS
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Job Description WORK ENVIRONMENT: Position involves working in
different areas of the hotel, to include public, administrative and
back-of-house areas. Job involves working:
- under variable noise levels.
- Indoors and occasionally outside the hotel performing sales
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around chemicals. KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Staff in ResCom,
Front Desk, Sales & Catering, Housekeeping and Engineering.
External: Hotel guests/visitors, other local hotels, and potential
local customers. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: i. all hotel
facilities/services, hours of operation. ii. all guest room
layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations. iii. room
availability for any given day. iv. restricted dates, rates and
room types. v. all room rates, packages and promotions. vi.
specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies and Central
Reservations Office. vii. entertainment/special events scheduled in
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up workstation with necessary supplies and resource
- Answer telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct
salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all PEPRS reservation requests, changes and
cancellations received by phone, fax, mail, internally and through
corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Maximize rates for all reservations.
- Verify availability. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out
dates; offer waitlist when appropriate.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign
confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from
airport to hotel; input and document such requests.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., share-withs,
room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and
process advance deposits.
- Verify all reservation information with caller or list to
- Input correct information into proper fields to inform other
departments of pertinent information (i.e., flags, comments, guest
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Obtain approval from management for same day reservations on
near sell-out dates.
- Process confirmation letters as needed.
- Monitor and maintain wait lists. SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete special projects as assigned by Director of Front
Office and/or Manager or other higher-ranking management.
- Understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures (for
example: fire, crowd control, inclement weather, bomb
- Communicate necessary information pertaining to PEPRS clients
to appropriate department leaders. Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Provide legible communication and directions. Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guests' service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and
co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence--. Desirable:
- Some college or training in the Hospitality Industry.
- Previous experience as a Reservation Agent.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Ability to input and access information in the property
- Previous guest relations training. PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Exert physical effort in transporting 25 pounds throughout the
- Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained repetitive motion
and/or fine motor skills.
- Ability to remain stationary for prolonged periods of
- Ability to move freely within the hotel environment. STANDARD
SPECIFICATIONS Requirements are representative of minimum levels of
knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job
successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes
to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude
individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the
health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests. A
review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job
functions. This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position. Associates will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Keywords: THE PEABODY MEMPHIS, Memphis , Guest Services Agent / Reservationist, Sales , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!