Director of Nursing- RN Required
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Why WellpathHere at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people our patients, our staff and our partners. We
are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing
to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our
talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment,
is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources
to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
Always Do The Right Thing!About this roleOur Director of Nursing is
a Registered Professional Nurse with experience in the practice of
nursing and possessing advanced studies and expertise in
administration of Nursing Services. Has the authority,
responsibility and accountability for structuring, comprehensive
planning, and implementing the Nursing Service Program.What you
bring to the tableEducation:
- Graduated from an accredited School of NursingExperience:
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in an acute setting
- Emergency Room, Communicable Disease, with Medical and Surgical
- Ability to work under pressureLicenses/Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State
- Current CPR certificationWhat you will do
- Participates in planning, priority setting and the development
of policies and procedures for health care activities that comply
with facility and contractual requirements and ACA, NCCHC and State
- Coordinates and monitors orientation, in-service training, and
continuing education with the H.S.A.
- Coordinates the development, provision, and evaluation of
patient care according to the standards of nursing practice in the
state in which the facility is located.
- Conducts recruitment/retention efforts for nursing
- Prepares/submits reports as requested for Health Services
Administrator (H.S.A.) in a timely manner.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard
- Conducts regular monthly meetings with nursing staff.
- Is a member of the Quality Improvement and Pharmacy and
Therapeutic Committee and attends monthly meetings, assuring all QI
screens and monthly reports are submitted timely.
- Is a member of the Quarterly Infection Disease Control
Committee and assures meeting minutes and all pertinent reports are
completed/submitted as needed.
- Manages on-call for nursing emergencies and nursing staff;
finds/provides relief as designated in conjunction with H.S.A.
- Develops and maintains staffing schedule for Nursing in
accordance with contract terms, budget mandates, and accreditation
standards for nursing coverage.
- Responsible for approving changes in nursing staff schedules
and granting requests for time off duty.
- Ensures the practice of nursing is consistent with current
standards and is responsible for level of care.
- Serves as representative for and/or liaison between nursing
services and other health care providers as well as H.S.A. and
coordinates patient care with other departments.
- Remains visible and is responsive to all medical
- Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve
work conditions and patient care. Evaluates employees' performance
and maintains accurate records for annual and provisional
evaluations, as well as any others needed.
- Participates and maintains good relationship with community
- Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all
- Reports all communicable diseases to the local/state health
- Reviews all discrepancies in sharps and tool counts, and
investigates, reconciles and forwards written findings to H.S.A.
and facility security staff.
- Reviews all medication errors and forwards written findings to
- Maintains constant contact with clinical medical services and
reviews all situations of risk management potential; completes and
forwards all Risk Management reports in timely fashion while
providing notification to H.S.A.
- Assesses established policies and procedures with re-review as
- Submits weekly and monthly reports of audits for Quality
Improvement which may include Out-patient Services; Medication
Utilization; Emergency Room & Ambulance Transport Utilization;
Report of patient Injuries; Report of Acute Illness Process that
resulted in Hospitalization and/or Death; and Infection Control
Issues including all newly diagnosed cases of Hepatitis, HIV, and
- Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/
(https://wellpathcareers.com/#rewards)Quick ApplyNeed help finding
the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Job
22-124891Facility McPherson UnitType Full-TimeShift Day 8
hourRecruiter Alexia HarrisRecruiter : Email
Keywords: Wellpath, Memphis , Director of Nursing- RN Required, Healthcare , Newport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!